Blue Ridge Gravity | Roanoke
Riders that love to build, builders that love to ride and race freeride trails in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwestern Virginia. At the heart of BRG is a small but steadily growing group of hard working volunteer trail builders.
The City of Roanoke’s Department of Parks and Recreation has permitted the group to design and build the area’s first and only dedicated mountain bike jump trail system, in the Carvin’s Cove Watershed. The Cove is home to some of the best mountain biking in the southeast, and thanks to the hard work of the BRG trail crew, it will soon be known as a legit downhill/freeride destination as well.
2017 OTHER RACES AND EVENTS
- 7th Annual Dragon’s Tale – Sunday April 3rd- New Castle, VA – REG HERE
- Stokesville Douthat Stokesville – Singletrack Backcountry Trip – APRIL and MAY
- 4th Annual Virginias’ Rough Roubaix – Sunday April 17th – Harrisonburg,VA – REG HERE
- 10th Annual Virginia Trail Festival – Memorial Day Weekend – Register HERE
- Massanutten Hoo Ha Enduro with XC/XXC – June 6th & 7th – Register HERE
- 9th Annual Stoopid 50 – The Stoopid is looking GRIM!
- 8th Annual Iron Mountain 100K – Sunday June 26th – PICTURES – Register HERE
- 16th Annual Wilderness 101 – Saturday July 23rd – Register HERE
- 18th Annual Shenandoah Mountain 100 – Sunday September 4th – REGISTER HERE
JUNIOR MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAMS
East Coasters Junior Team
Over the past couple of years the East Coasters Junior Team has evolved from a group of kids who just like to get together and ride mountain bikes into a regional racing powerhouse. The team has amassed an impressive record that includes numerous state championships and national championship podium finishes.
April 1, 2017 | Hell Climb 10K |Mountain Lake/Newport, Virginia
The Hell Climb 10K+ is a 6.5-mile hill climb from the base of Mountain Lake in Giles County Virginia to the cool clear air at the summit. Runners will ascend more than 1,800 feet as they follow Mountain Lake Road.
Ragsdale Field (Football field)
Registration fees are $20 per single rider, or $35 for a family with a maximum of 4 , if registered by April18, 2016. Add $5.00 per registration after April 18, 2016.
Mountains of Misery is a challenging bike ride for dedicated road cyclists through the heart of southwest Virginia. The annual timed event features century (100+ mi) and double-metric century (200 km/124+ mi) options—both ending in a tough, four-mile 12%–16% graded climb to the finish.
A 50K trail/fire road race through the highlands of Southwestern Virginia. Point-to-Point race from the Cascades to Mountain Lake. Includes an 8-mile short course race
August 20, 2017 | Eye Run 5K/10K | Pearisburg
The Pearisburg Eye Associates Eye Run is a 5k/10K run/walk open to all runners, walkers or anyone in between. The course starts and ends on Tazewell street in Pearisburg, it is a 5K scenic circle through the town of Pearisburg.