The Artisan Center Along the Crooked Road | Rocky Mount | (540) 482-0005
The Artisan Center promotes and highlights many of the things that make this region special by featuring such work as watercolor, pen and ink, pastels, oil and acrylic paintings, wood turning, pottery, fused and stained glass, mosaics, weaving, quilting, sculptures, photography, jewelry and an assortment of other mixed media and books. We represent the works of artists and authors from Franklin County, Floyd, Roanoke, Martinsville, Lynchburg and the surrounding areas. One must visit the gallery in order to truly appreciate the love and labor that is put into their work.
- Stafford Glass | Newport | (540) 605-0034
Stafford Art Glass is a glassblowing studio and gallery displaying the work of owner Parker Stafford as well as the best works by today’s finest artisans of the region and nation. All work made by hand in the U.S.A.
- Taubman Museum of Art | Roanoke | (540) 342-5760At the heart of downtown Roanoke, the new 81,000 square foot Taubman Museum of Art proves an arresting landmark for visitors arriving from US I-581. As Roanoke’s most contemporary structure, it provides an analog for the city’s evolution from industrial and manufacturing town to technology-driven city.
- Appalachian Spirit Gallery | Marion | (276) 783-8891
Our mission is to celebrate the arts, traditions, lore, and spirit of the Appalachian Mountains and showcase the work of local talent. The building was once the home of Lola Poston Harriman, the artist who painted the large murals in the Lincoln Theatre. The Gallery also provides tourist information and guided history walks.
- Narrows Gift Shop & Art Gallery | Narrows | (540) 726-3022
“302” Main St. displays and sells the artistic endeavors of over 30 local artists, artisans, authors and craftmen. The juried items are offered at reasonable prices to suit every budget, allowing comfortable enjoyment of the arts as gifts or as personal expressions Just For You. The inviting shop showcases an extensive variety of quality handcrafted items including jewelry, furniture, paintings, wood turnings, digital art, candles, knit apparel, soaps, stained and blown glass, books, lotions, purses, wall decor, sculpture, baskets, note cards, quilts, Appalachian, coal, local history, and more. Also offered are gift certificates and personal or group private appointments.
- Miller Off Main | Blacksburg | (540) 552-6969
An art gallery and studio that features pottery and ceramics.
- Arts Alliance Mountain Empire – an arts council formed as a service organizaiton for artists, arts organizations and other cultrual endeavors throughout the Mountain Empire.
Art on the Lawn | Giles County
Award Winning art show on the Giles County Courthouse lawn in Sept-Oct. 10 am-4 pm. Rain or Shine.
Feature the always popular “Kids Art Adventure” where children get to make a variety of fun arts and crafts.